Career Level Intermediate
Experience 1-3 Years
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
- Creates, reviews, issues and follows-up on purchase orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Develops and implements cost reduction programs related to products and processes.
- Reviews approved forecast and plans requirements for acceptable inventory level
- Manages supplier relationships with regard to pricing, delivery, quality & compliance.
- Manages and co–ordinate all procurement activities and review Material Master (MM) and Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) template (include risk buy) associated with new products/product transfer.
- Strengthen supplier relationships in order to form a strong alliance and partnership that will benefit both parties.
- To work with an optimum number of suppliers that can meet requirements for quality, service and cost.
- Ensure suppliers deliver purchased items in a timely manner. Alert program management and planning of any potential Assurance Of Supply (AOS) issues.
- Work with planning to review Engineering Change Order (ECO) impact on open orders.
- Consistently validate lead-time and Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) to ensure accuracy.
- Get Purchase Price Variance (PPV) approval through the proper process.
- Resolve receiving discrepancies, Material Review Board (MRB), Return to Vendor (RTV) and PPV following Performance Excellence guidelines and Corporate and Plant policies/procedures
- Provide justification and waterfall charts on purchases for Excess and Obsolesces (E&O), Inventory Deposit, Inventory Revaluation and other reports requested by customer.
- Understand Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) process
- Monitor supplier performance such as hub inventory, responsiveness to forecast, order reschedule and independent demand.
- Maintaining close liaison with suppliers on their production capacities, readiness and material supply.
- Commodity Management/GSBM initiatives and highlight any potential alternate local sources for cost saving purpose.
- A Degree with at least 2 years directly applicable work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and /or work experience with or for Contract Manufacturers.
- Certification or training in Supply Chain would be added advantages.
- Knowledge of electronics and electronic-related components preferably working knowledge of PCBA or Box Build assembly and product manufacturing.
- Demonstrated capability of handling multiple projects in parallel.
- Ability to work with planners, engineers and all levels of management with effective communication, presentation, negotiation, planning, organization and facilitation skills.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook & Word).
- Experience in material needs assessment, forecasting and buying role or equivalent role in materials planning/purchasing scheduling and ERP/MRP systems.
- Some knowledge of ISO Quality System requirements
- Strong time management skills and able to work well under pressure in fast pace.