Career Level Intermediate
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, and orthographic drawings.
- Takes inventory by checking stock to determine the amount available, anticipated stock, and placing orders.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, and attachments.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling, and thread chasing operations.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.