Career Level Intermediate
MAIN SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Sous Chef and the Chef de Partie, the Commis is responsible for assisting the Chef de Partie in the preparation and cooking of food items in the assigned section.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Do any other works necessary for the hotel and/or specific tasks assigned by the superior(s).
2. As the Hotel is into full multitasking, you may be required to transfer from one section to another in the same division as deemed necessary by your Division Head.
3. Possesses full knowledge of emergency procedures of emergency response.
4. Ensures that all staffs are aware of emergency procedures at all times.
5. Attends scheduled employee training and periodic reviews on departmental responsibilities in case of emergencies.
6. Being part of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) member in the hotel when the need arises.
7. Assist and participate in day to day activities and functions of all kitchen facilities.
8. Ensure that performance standards are implemented and maintained.
9. Conduct all miss-en-place work required appropriately, completely and efficiently while ensuring that all kitchen appliances and areas of responsibility are clean, neat, and sanitized.
10. Perform duties under the close supervision of the Demi-Chef and the Chef de Partie in preparing and cooking food items according to recipe standards.
11. Comply with the following hotel policies on:
a. Health, Safety, and Hygiene
b. House Rules and Regulations
c. Grooming and Standards of Appearance
12. Ensure punctual attendance and adhere to duty schedule as directed by the Sous Chef.
13. Routinely check and identify areas needing maintenance and relay this info to the Sous Chef.
14. Must have been vaccinated & undergoing 2 dose of vaccine