Job Types: Full-time
The Grounds Supervisory role is responsible for day-to-day grounds operations at the Parks. You will exude an infectious passion for delivering world-class memorable experiences for our guests. You are to maintain a friendly, safe, clean and comfortable environment in the park.
Scope & Responsibilities:
Coordination with Project and Operations Teams
- Exhibit both the ability to work as a team member as well as the ability to work independently within job scope.
- Exhibit patience, flexibility, strong communication, and the ability to work effectively in a start-up/matrix organization with international and cultural differences.
- Ability to adapt own style and adopt Merlin approach and methods.
- Responsible for daily wash down, janitorial and trash removal.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff, manages the grounds maintenance program assets and budget, and supervises staff members.
- Implement the staffing plan that includes training/coaching the team members.
- Interview, select and provide On-The-Job training to the new hired
- Involves daily supervision and to give task direction for the team members.
- Completes employee performance evaluations and takes corrective action in accordance with company policies.
- Ensure safety standards and practices.
- Leads by example in the Merlin way.
- Oversee the purchase and inventory of equipment, materials and supplies, including plant material.
- To raise Purchase Requisition, Payment Requisition and to monitor stocks level to ensure sufficient inventory for replenishment
- Develop maintenance specification, guidelines and schedules.
- Document and communicate department procedures and performance standards.
Background and Experience:
- Preferred at least 2 years of progressive experience in janitorial/ cleaning disciplines
- Experience maintaining large public or private facilities or parks preferred.
- Knowledge of purchasing, budgeting and maintaining inventory helpful.
- Competent in Microsoft Applications.
- Requires the ability to write procedures, develop schedules, and maintain comprehensive records.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- A track record of success in leading and supervising people is required.
- Bilingual (English/Malay) required.
- Maintain excellent physical condition with the ability to perform the required duties of the job description.
- Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in in business, management, or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) is preferred.
- Fully vaccinated (14 days after second dose).
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings & weekends to support park operations.
- Ability to work in an exposed/outdoor environment.