Job ID 17713
Career Level Managerial Level
Experience 4-6 Years
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
- Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm
- Probation Period: 6 months
- Manages the planning, scheduling and implementation of all mechanical maintenance works.
- Ensures that the mechanical installations at the site comply with the requirement of the local authorities by monitoring the permits and licenses validity and responding to new requirements. Co-ordinates with the local authorities such as DOE and DOSH for plant inspections and machinery certification.
- Plans and schedules annual plant shutdown activities in close coordination with other department’s managers.
- Troubleshoots and provides technical solutions to solve mechanical problems on the plant’s equipment.
- Ensures that maintenance department is equipped with optimum manpower, tools, equipment and proper working systems to manage mechanical maintenance services.
- Manages the utilization of mechanical maintenance manpower to tackle every mechanical work by assigning the right skill to do the right work at the right time. Analyses the need to upgrade the staff skills and knowledge and recommends for the appropriate training.
- Monitors and supervises external contractors performing work at site.
- Ensures a good housekeeping and proper waste disposal in the maintenance according the procedures and governmental regulation.
- Identifies aspects of the maintenance processes and evaluates their significant impact.
- Prepares evaluation of yearly costs for the most critical machines, work out a budget and cost controlling for important maintenance items. Responsible for coordinating and monitoring purchasing of equipment and spare parts.
- Ensures all maintenances documentation is issued according to ISO requirements.
- Co-ordinates with the Utilities and E&I Departments for any work requests or interruptions in utilities.
- Take care of the ERP maintenance software utilization by ensuring users are knowledgeable and disciplines enough to use the software properly.
- Minimum 5 years experience in plant’s maintenance/mechanical engineering in chemical or petrochemical production plants.
- Knowledgeable on maintenance methodologies such as the Preventive Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, Planning and Scheduling.
- In-depth knowledge of am industrial plant’s mechanical system form static and dynamic equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, tanks, vessels, piping, other plant machinery and pressurized vessels to building structures, pipe racks and fire fighting facilities.
- Familiar with most mechanical engineering standards such as MS, API, ASME, DIN, BS etc.
- Familiar and knowledgeable with local regulations (DOSH) with regards to the design, installation, test, operation and maintenance of registered equipment such as fired and unfired pressure vessels, hoists, etc..
- Knowledgeable on regulations and directives on safety of designing, selecting, installing, operating and maintaining any mechanical installation in chemical processing plant.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic manufacturing safety and occupational safety and health administration (OSHA) guidelines and OSHA PSM.
- Familiar and experienced in ISO9001, ISO 14000, ISO 45001 (especially the management of change procedure). IATF 16949 is an advantage.
- ability to read, draw or sketch, illustrate and interpret technical drawings such as the P & ID machinery components and schematics.
- Advanced PC user with a good knowledge of office software as well as the technical software such as AutoCAD.
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills, especially of the technical terms.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste materials and the appropriate handling and disposal of such products.
- Ability to function independently in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Previous personnel management experience is preferred.